What is keratin?
It is a protein and a vital structural component of hair, skin and nails. When the external keratin layer is damaged, new cells will be affected, and these new cells will no longer be guarded. Its absence results in dry, fragile hair or rough cracked skin. Keratin treatment helps reverse this damage, leaving it soft and silky to the touch. Keratin is used to smooth and fill the damaged layer of hair scales.
What is a keratin treatment?
Keratin treatment is different from a perm or relaxation treatment because it does not break the disulfide bonds in the hair. It makes it semi-permanent care, which can last about three months depending on the surface of the hair. Keratin care can form a boundary between outside factors such as heat and moisture. It is very suitable for people who have healthy hair but want to soften their naturally curly and frizzy hair and protect it from the elements. Keratin treatment cannot effectively remove frizz. If not much, the straightening time is halved.
Benefits of keratin treatment
Some benefits of keratin treatment are –
- Keratin care saves time for those who frequently comb their hair. Through treatment, you can reduce the drying time of the hairdryer by 40-60%. Keratin smoothes the cells that overlap to form hair bundles, making the hair easier to handle and not frizzy.
- It makes the hair dry, slightly curly, shiny and healthy. Keratin can also decrease split ends by momentarily tying the hair together.
- Those with untidy hair can say goodbye to curly hair and coarse hair. Even in humid weather, the hair can remain smooth, sleek and curly. Keratin can wrap the hair and protect the skin from the harmful effects of sunlight and the environment.
- Treating hair with keratin every other month is less harmful than the daily heat styling effect of hair. Keratin treatment makes your hair easier to manage, especially if your locks are particularly curly or you often use heat to comb your hair, you will find that your hair dries faster after keratin treatment.
- Your hair can also grow healthier and stronger because you can air-dry your hair more frequently to prevent heat damage.
The keratin in the keratin treatments can come from wool, wings or horns. Some shampoos and conditioners hold keratin, but usually a professional salon treatment will benefit you the most.